Perfect for lunch or a light dinner on a summer’s day. Sweet mango, sour lemon, tangy Blue cheese, salty crunchy cashews, smooth avocado, and chicken for protein. All on a bed of organic baby lettuce and baby spinach.
Ingredients: makes 2 salads
- Several handfuls of baby spinach-baby lettuce mix per plate
- 1/2 cup shredded roasted chicken
- 1 Manila mango or 1/2 Tommy Atkins mango, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 large Haas avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted cashews (can substitute peanuts or pistachios)
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon
- A few shakes Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Put lettuce-spinach mix on plates. Arrange chicken, mango, and avocado pieces evenly around the top of the greens.
Sprinkle blue cheese and cashews on top. Squeeze the lemon and sprinkle with Kosher salt on the salad. Drizzle olive oil over the salad. Toss to combine. Enjoy!